Signing into your computer is your key to keeping things locked up and secure. This video explores some settings related to changing your password and adjusting how the sign-in process works. It's important to find a balance between convenience and security by setting your sign-in options.
- [Instructor] Keeping your computer locked and secure…is very important.…Your password for your user account is your key…to that security.…In this movie, I want to talk about options…that you have for changing your password,…and some settings that you can adjust…to keep that password lock working effectively.…So first, I want you to understand that signing out…of the computer, and locking the computer, are not the same.…If we go to the Start menu, to the Accounts button here,…you'll see there's an option to sign out,…and another option to lock.…If I chose "Sign out," it will close any applications…that I'm running, it will sign me out of my user account,…and revert me back to the sign in screen…where I will need to type in my password…to use the computer again.…
"Lock," on the other hand, leaves everything active.…All the applications that you're currently running,…and any documents you have open, but it locks the…computer so that nobody can use it until…they type in your password.…This is really useful if you need to walk away…
- Launching applications
- Interacting with windows, menus, and ribbons
- Multitasking to switch between multiple applications
- Switching to tablet mode
- Managing files and folders with the File Explorer
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Working with email, contacts, and calendars
- Using and installing apps
- Managing display and account settings
- Backing up Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding essential folder structure, including the user folder; using shortcuts to files and folders; and creating 3D objects in Paint 3D.
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Browsing the Web with Edge
5. Working with Mail, People, and Calendars
6. Using the Other Bundled Apps
7. Installing Apps and Printers
8. Essential Settings and Customization
9. Account Settings
Sign-in security options4m 3s
10. Using Cortana to Search
11. Backing Up and Restoring
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.