Join Brian Culp for an in-depth discussion in this video Sideload an app with Microsoft Intune, part of Windows 10: Manage Identity.
- [Voiceover] Another option you have…for sideloading an app is to use something called…Microsoft Intune.…And, as I mentioned in the What You Need To Know lesson,…I never assume that any of this stuff is common knowledge.…I assume that many of you are taking this course…in order to have someone explain what the heck…these technologies are and what they do.…So, in any event, when you hear the word, Intune,…I want you to think about mobile,…and specifically, MDM,…or Mobile-Device-Management,…of which, Intune is a component of that.…
In fact, it is a very broad topic…especially when you consider how many mobile devices…have come into the world in the last five years, or so,…and how that has changed the way…that corporations manage their devices and their data.…So, it's too broad of a topic to explore fully here,…and even on the Windows 10 test,…it's its own separate exam objective domain.…Let me show you what I mean.…
I'm gonna pull us the 70-697 websites…from Microsoft and just highlight…what we're talking about here.…
Windows expert Brian Culp covers app installation and management; the core differences between local, domain, and Microsoft accounts; techniques for authenticating and authorizing accounts; workgroup support; and domain-level authentication options, such as multifactor authentication, Windows Hello, and virtual smart cards.
Note: This course maps to the Manage Identity domain from the Microsoft Exam 70-697: Configuring Windows Devices. Review the exam objectives here.
- Installing and managing Office 365 and Windows Store apps
- Disabling access to Windows Store
- Enabling and performing sideloading
- Sideloading an app with Microsoft Intune
- Supporting local, domain, and Microsoft accounts
- Working with Group Policy
- Supporting workgroups and domains
- Sharing resources in a workgroup
- Configuring multifactor authentication
- Configuring Windows Hello and virtual smart cards
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Supporting Windows Store and Cloud Apps
2. Supporting Authentication and Authorization
Understanding accounts2m 12s
3. Supporting Workgroups and Domains
4. Understanding Authentication Options
Next Steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.