Join Mike Meyers for an in-depth discussion in this video Sharing folders and files, part of CompTIA A+ (220-902) Cert Prep: 3 Windows Basics.
- Probably one of the most powerful aspects…of Microsoft Windows is the way you can share resources.…Now, I'm going to have a lot of episodes…that cover this, but to get us started,…I want to create a scenario.…What we have here is one computer.…In fact, this is the only computer…that I have at my company,…and on this one computer, when we shoot a video…we save it onto my e-drive.…I've got one little folder called video…and we put all these videos in here.…And there are two groups of people who work at my company,…there are reviewers and there are editors…and what I want to do is set this up so…that when a reviewer sits down at this computer,…he can review the videos but he can't…accidentally delete them or do something like…that, and then, if he logs out and a editor…comes in a fires up his editing software,…he can go ahead and edit those videos.…
So what we're talking about is setting up…sharing on a single system.…There is no network involved here at all.…This is really the best way to begin your understanding,…
Part 3 covers the Windows operating system: all the basics you need to know to troubleshoot the inside of a PC. Author and CompTIA expert Mike Meyers takes a look under the hood at the processes, services, and tasks and provides an overview of user management, which is one of the foundations of Windows security. In Chapter 3, you'll learn some techniques for maintaining and optimizing the performances of Windows, including backup and restore procedures. Every lesson maps to a question in the critical Windows domain—an estimated 30% of the exam.
Details about the certification and the exam blueprints can be found at https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/a.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- What is the Windows registry?
- Understanding the boot process
- Using the Windows 8 Task Manager
- Creating and managing users
- Working in the Microsoft Management Console
- Installing and uninstalling programs
- Backing up and restoring Windows