Join Martin Guidry for an in-depth discussion in this video Sharing Wi-Fi connections using Wi-Fi Sense, part of Windows 10: Security.
- [Voiceover] In this section, we're going to talk about…Wi-Fi Sense in Windows 10.…Wi-Fi Sense is a new feature in Windows 10…that allows us to share our…Wi-Fi connection with our contacts.…It is off by default,…but I'm gonna show you how to turn it on.…When one of our contacts connects through Wi-Fi Sense…they will be given an encrypted version of the Wi-Fi key.…Therefore the end user doesn't know what the Wi-Fi key is.…They only receive an encrypted version…and it would be very difficult for them to un-encrypt it.…
All in all this is more secure…than giving out your Wi-Fi key to someone.…If you just write down your Wi-Fi key…and give it to someone,…you never know if they give it to someone else…and also if you ever change your mind…and want to prevent them from accessing your network…you would have to change your Wi-Fi key…which can be a lot of work.…With Wi-Fi Sense, they only have an encrypted version…of the key so it would be very difficult for them to…give that key to someone else…and if you ever want to stop them…
In this course, Martin Guidry helps you work through each essential security step. He takes you through familiar ground, standard account setup, covering accounts, passwords, users groups, and permissions. He also takes you through unfamiliar territory, enhanced features and new products, examining BitLocker, Wi-Fi Sense, Windows Defender, and Edge, the new web browser. This course provides instructional step-by-step walkthroughs in addition to best practice discussions. Learn how to protect your computer from a network attack, apply security policies in Group Policy, use remote desktop, and more.
- Setting up passwords, smart cards, and biometrics
- Creating groups and assigning permissions
- Assigning permissions
- Encrypting full discs, file transfers, and networks
- Using anti-virus and anti-malware solutions
- Configuring firewall settings
- Securing remote desktop connections
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 01/31/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: Windows Firewall, basic configuration of Remote Desktop, and controlling updates for Windows 10. In addition, new videos were added that cover Windows 10 S and virus and threat protection, device performance and health, firewall and network protection, and app and browser control with Windows Defender.
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Windows 8: Networking and Securitywith Steve Fullmer4h 27m Advanced
1. Authentication and Accounts
4. Virus and Malware
5. Network Security
6. Group Policy
Overview of Group Policy1m 56s
7. Remote Desktop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.