Join James Gonzalez for an in-depth discussion in this video Share permissions vs. NTFS, part of Windows 10: Configure, Secure, and Manage Data.
- There are two ways to secure data in Windows.…One is by preventing unauthorized access…to files and folders.…That's referred to as share permissions.…The other is to control who has access…to various files and folders.…That's referred to as NTFS.…Each functions separately from the other,…but serves the same purpose,…and that is to secure your data.…So let me review each of these in more detail.…Share permissions are generally used when you want…to share folders over a network…or across multiple user accounts.…You're going to access share permissions…from the file explorer.…
So click on the window icon on the lower left-hand corner,…choose the file explorer link,…and then simply right-click on the folder…that you want to set up share permissions,…choose Properties from the contextual menu,…and then click on the Sharing tab.…Click on Advanced Sharing,…and then Share this folder.…To see the permissions,…go ahead and click on the Permissions button,…and here are the three permissions…involved with the share permissions way…
Using the tools that come with a standard Windows build, James Gonzalez shows how to configure data storage (on client devices and on OneDrive), secure data with good authentication practices, encrypt data with EFS and BitLocker, and manage data access to shared folders, printers, and hard drives. He also shows how to set up file sharing for an organization using HomeGroup networks and NTFS permissions.
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the Microsoft exam 70-697: Configuring Windows Devices.
- Configuring Storage Sense
- Creating storage spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Setting up NTFS permissions
- Implementing multifactor authentication
- Encrypting data
- Configuring disk quotas
- Configuring folder options
- Auditing files
- Setting up file sharing
Skill Level Beginner
Windows 10 Fundamentals for IT Proswith Jim Boyce3h 3m Intermediate
1. Configuring Data Storage
2. Securing Data
3. Encrypting Data
4. Managing Data Access
5. Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.