Join James Gonzalez for an in-depth discussion in this video Share files using network sharing, part of Windows 10: Configure, Secure, and Manage Data.
- It's easy to share files and folders…using homegroups.…Sharing using the network sharing method…is far more flexible as it's not only restricted…to Windows 7 or newer PCs.…Files and folders shared using this method…will be accessible to any device on your local network.…This means that you can share a folder of pictures…and view them on a Mac, on an Android tablet,…or even on an iPhone,…as long as they're connected to the same network…that the PC hosting the shared folder is on.…So to share a file or a folder on your network…you'll use the File Explorer to navigate to the folder…that you want to share.…
Let's share the temp folder.…And right-click on it, choose Properties,…then choose the Sharing tab in the dialogue…and click on the Advanced Sharing button,…and then simply check Share this folder.…Click Ok and then close out of a dialogue.…Now by default any files and folders…you share from Windows 10…are secured behind the Windows login information…on the sharing computer.…So to access the shared items a user would have…
Using the tools that come with a standard Windows build, James Gonzalez shows how to configure data storage (on client devices and on OneDrive), secure data with good authentication practices, encrypt data with EFS and BitLocker, and manage data access to shared folders, printers, and hard drives. He also shows how to set up file sharing for an organization using HomeGroup networks and NTFS permissions.
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the Microsoft exam 70-697: Configuring Windows Devices.
- Identify which storage usage category you should select to check how much space your downloads folder is using on your Windows drive.
- Name the type of storage space resiliency you should select to turn two physical drives into one logical drive.
- Describe the steps needed to access the NTFS permissions for a specific folder.
- List the actions required to share a printer with users on the same network.
- State how to use file explorer to open your PC instead of quick access.
- List the steps to add folder permissions for a specific folder.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Configuring Data Storage
2. Securing Data
3. Encrypting Data
4. Managing Data Access
5. Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.