The SplitView is one way to provide a slide-out menu bar to an application. This tutorial shows how to add the SplitView pane and add content to the pane.
- [Narrator] In this demo, I'll look at how to modify…the UI in the main page to add a menu…on the left side, and I'll use a control…called the split view.…When you open up a XAML file like I've done here,…in Visual Studio it defaults to having a designer…on the top and an xml or a XAML representation…of the UI there on the bottom.…I'm going to change that.…I want to remind you that I've set this drop down…to show the UI in an X box representation,…and I like to switch over to vertical split…so that you can see more of the XAML on this screen.…
If you don't see the UI here, choose fit all.…Here's the split view.…The split view consists of two properties…that are interesting.…One here is split view dot pane,…and the other one that's not included here, and I'll add it…is split view dot content.…Now both of these are containers for UI bits,…so the pane is the part that slides into view.…So we're going to slide this menu into view…and then slide it out of view again.…So any of the UI that you want to show up on the pane…
- Setting up the development environment
- Installing Visual Studio
- Creating a Dev Center account
- Installing and activating Developer Mode on Xbox One
- Pairing Visual Studio with the Xbox
- Mirroring Xbox One content to a PC
- Exploring a UWP app on a PC, mobile device, and Xbox One
- Creating a basic UWP app
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Set Up the Development Environment
2. Why Build an App for Xbox?
3. Create a Basic UWP App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.