Join Michael Lehman for an in-depth discussion in this video Send data to the cloud, part of IoT Development with Windows 10 IoT Core 2: Enabling the Cloud and Security.
- [Man] Okay, now that we have our method,…send device to cloud method async,…and we have our connections all set up,…let's go ahead and modify our app…to send data to the cloud.…So we'll go back to our main page code.…And let's go into,…let's say, get forecast state.…So we'll send the state to the cloud…after we've received it.…So we've got it, we've got all the bits and pieces here now.…And I'm moving into the log, now we're going to write it to…Azure, as well.…
So we say…Azure…I-O-T Hub dot send.…We're going to patch our string, which is going to be Forecast…with the…forecast icon,…plus…forecast high temperature…and forecast low temperature.…And there's an H there.…And an L there.…
Okay.…And since this is async, we have to say "await".…So let's fire up the device explorer,…come back here to data, and turn it on monitor.…So now we're waiting for events…that are being sent to the cloud.…They're going to be echoed back down here.…So we'll run our app.…Bring the device explorer to the front.…And here we go.…Launch our app.…
- Reviewing hardware options
- Exploring the Sense HAT
- Assembling a prototype
- Designing and implementing UX
- Implementing sensor access
- Reviewing cloud options
- Installing cloud tools
- Sending data to the cloud
- Reviewing Windows 10 IoT security
- Planning for production security
- Moving from prototype to production
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 Anniversary Update New Featureswith Nick Brazzi1h 9m Intermediate
IoT Foundations: Low-Power Wireless Networkingwith Ryan Hu2h 32m Intermediate
1. Designing an IoT Product with Windows
2. Building the WeatherWare Device
3. Connecting to the Cloud
4. Securing Your Device
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.