Learn how to enable and disable NTFS inheritance permissions.
- [Instructor] So in this tutorial…I review how to modify permissions through the command line.…Few tips before we start.…You must be a member of the Administrators group…in order to run these commands.…Before trying any of these advanced tools,…make sure you have a full, recent backup of your device…in case something does go wrong.…And then, pay very close attention…to spaces in these commands.…You can right click or touch and hold…inside the Command Prompt window to find the paste command.…
In the Windows 10 Command Prompt,…the keyboard shortcut control plus v to paste,…as well as control plus c to copy will also work.…First let me show you how to take ownership of an item…with the takeown command.…You'll use this takeown command…to change ownership of an object.…This command is useful where you have a folder,…a file,…a drive,…or another device,…with a permission problem that's preventing you…from using the security tab to modify user access.…
Now, before running this command,…let me point out you would never want to use this command…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the Microsoft exam 70-697: Configuring Windows Devices.
- Enabling disk write caching
- Creating spanned and striped volumes
- Configuring Storage Spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Enabling USB drives
- Clearing caches
- Fixing drives
- Troubleshooting OneDrive
- Encrypting files with EFS
- Encrypting volumes and drives with BitLocker
- Configuring share permissions
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Storage
2. Troubleshoot Storage Issues
3. Configure Encryption
4. Configure Share Permissions
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.