- View Offline
In this course, Martin Guidry helps you work through each essential security step. He takes you through familiar ground, standard account setup, covering accounts, passwords, users groups, and permissions. He also takes you through unfamiliar territory, enhanced features and new products, examining BitLocker, Wi-Fi Sense, Windows Defender, and Edge, the new web browser. This course provides instructional step-by-step walkthroughs in addition to best practice discussions. Learn how to protect your computer from a network attack, apply security policies in Group Policy, use remote desktop, and more.
- Setting up passwords, smart cards, and biometrics
- Creating groups and assigning permissions
- Assigning permissions
- Encrypting full discs, file transfers, and networks
- Using anti-virus and anti-malware solutions
- Configuring firewall settings
- Securing remote desktop connections
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Martin Guidry and welcome to Securing Windows 10. In this course, we'll cover the skills you need to configure the security of the Microsoft Windows 10 operating system. I'll start by discussing the different authentication and authorization methods in Windows 10, then I'll show you how to use group policy to tighten the security of Windows 10, we'll see how to protect Windows 10 from viruses and malware and we'll explore encryption tools like BitLocker and EFS.
We'll cover all these features plus plenty of other tools and techniques now. Let's get started with Securing Windows 10.