Explore password options from Settings, under Accounts and Sign-In Options. Opt to require sign in after waking the computer from sleep, create a PIN instead of using a traditional password, and learn how to create a Picture Password with a photo you have on your computer. Set Screen Timeout settings to configure how long the computer can be left unattended before it sleeps and then requires a password to unlock it. Explore Windows Hello for biometric sign in.
- [Instructor] Did you know you can login in…to your Windows PC…with something other than a traditional password?…You can choose a PIN or use a picture password…if you'd rather.…Both are better choices on tablets…because they require you only type a few numbers…or use your finger to draw gestures on an image.…You can access these options from Start and Settings…and it's under Accounts.…Click Sign-in Options on the left side…to access what you see here.…If you'd like to add a PIN, just click Add here,…type your password, click Okay…and then type your new PIN and confirm it.…
If you'd like to add a picture password,…click Add here.…Type your password again, click Okay…and then follow the directions on the screen…to complete the process.…There are some more options that relate to passwords.…Scroll down to the bottom of this page…and click Lock Screen.…Scroll again and click Screen Timeout Settings.…You can configure here when to turn off the screen…and when to put the computer to sleep.…
Here, the option for Screen is at four hours.…
Note: The course also maps to the third part of MCSA exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10. Taking this course will prepare you for objectives in the Manage and Maintain Windows domain of the test.
- Configuring Windows Update
- Updating Windows apps
- Reviewing event logs
- Using Resource Monitor and Performance Monitor
- Managing security with Windows Defender
- Creating a recovery drive
- Restoring and recovering files
- Recovering the OS with Windows Recovery
- Configuring authorization and authentication
- Securing Windows 10 with passwords
- Joining workgroups and domains
- Creating and using accounts
- Automating tasks with PowerShell
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Updates
2. Monitor Windows
3. Configure System and Data Recovery
4. Configure Authorization and Authentication
5. Configure Advanced
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.