This video takes you through the initial setup and configuration of Cortana, the voice operated search and personal assistant tool in Windows 10. Plus, see how to do searches and trigger voice commands using Cortana.
- [Instructor] Cortana is a tool for…searching for things on your computer,…but it also has personal assistant features.…It can launch applications, schedule appointments,…and answer simple questions,…and you can operate Cortana with…commands that you type, or with your voice.…So, without any setup or configuration,…you can start using Cortana immediately,…just by going to this text field in the task bar,…click on that, and type something in.…So, you could just type in a keyword.…I'll type in California, and you'll see…I get search results for folders…on my hard drive, individual files,…and I even have the option to get web results,…so if I just click on this, it opens up the web browser,…and it gives me search results on the web.…
For now, of course, I'm just going to close that.…Now, there are other things you can do, as well.…For example, you can ask simple questions.…If it's something that Cortana can find the answer to…on the web, it will show you that answer.…So, I can click here, and I'm going to try to type…
- Launching applications
- Interacting with windows, menus, and ribbons
- Multitasking to switch between multiple applications
- Switching to tablet mode
- Managing files and folders with the File Explorer
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Working with email, contacts, and calendars
- Using and installing apps
- Managing display and account settings
- Backing up Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding essential folder structure, including the user folder; using shortcuts to files and folders; and creating 3D objects in Paint 3D.
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Browsing the Web with Edge
5. Working with Mail, People, and Calendars
6. Using the Other Bundled Apps
7. Installing Apps and Printers
8. Essential Settings and Customization
9. Account Settings
Sign-in security options4m 3s
10. Using Cortana to Search
11. Backing Up and Restoring
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.