You may need to access maps when you do not have an internet connection. This video shows how to pre-emptively download offline maps.
- [Instructor] The maps application on Windows … depends on an internet connection. … But you can save maps offline if you need … to access them when you're not connected. … Start when you are connected to the internet. … Go to settings. … To the apps category. … Then to offline maps. … Click download maps. … Then locate the specific region that you want to download. … I'll go to Europe, to Italy, … then download the map of the Veneto region. … This can take some time. … Later, when you are not connected to the internet, … launch the maps application … and search for a specific place. … Generally, you cannot find a location … if you are not connected to the internet, … however, if you search for a location … in the region that you downloaded, … it will find that location … and you can search for other locations … and get directions within that downloaded area. … To free up space on your storage drive later, … go back to settings, … to the apps category, to offline maps, … select a specific offline map and choose delete …
- Using multiple workspaces
- Increasing contrast and inverting colors
- Modifying the taskbar
- Managing files
- Removing preloaded apps and tiles
- Disabling notifications for specific apps
- Drawing a route in Maps
- Adjusting system settings
Skill Level Intermediate
1. General Interface Tips
2. Modify the Taskbar
Hide the taskbar33s
3. File Management Tips
Zip and unzip files1m 23s
4. Working with Apps
5. System Settings
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.