Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Running multiple virtual desktops, part of Windows 10: Tips and Tricks.
- One cool thing that will help you stay organized…here in Windows 10 is virtual desktops.…It's kind of like having multiple PCs…so you can do certain types of tasks…in one environment and other tasks…in another environment.…Maybe it's business related and gains…or maybe all of your e-mail and messaging…in one area and so on.…Let me show you what I'm talking about.…First, we'll go down to the Start button here…and we'll start up a program.…I'm going to go with Notepad.…We can start typing in n-o-t-e, there it is.…
Notepad at the top, we'll give it a click.…So I'm ready to start taking notes.…In another environment,…I might be working on my e-mail and messaging.…We can do that by going to Task View…down here on the Task bar.…Give it a click.…What it does is it kind of shrinks things down…for a moment so you can see…what desktops are running.…Currently, only the one that we're…working in with Notepad…but there is a button in the bottom right corner…to create a New desktop.…Give it a click.…Now you can see we have two,…
- Customizing the startup environment
- Running multiple virtual desktops
- Saving files to PDF
- Locking your screen
- Enabling "God mode"
- Configuring automatic app updates
- Enabling Tablet mode on a PC
- Fine-tuning power settings
- Working with time-saving apps, tools, and utilities
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Top 10
2. Keyboard Shortcuts
3. Efficiency Tips
4. Display Tips
5. Performance Tips
6. Useful Apps, Tools, and Utilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.