Windows comes with a memory diagnostic tool. Running the tool can rule out PC memory as a problem.
- [Instructor] Some hardware problems can really…frustrate you.…Perhaps you tried swapping out a graphics card…or replacing a hard drive, and yet, the computer…still malfunctions.…One thing you can check without having to…further mess with the hardware is the computer's memory.…In this movie I demonstrate the Windows Memory Diagnostic.…It's a tool that helps you check your PC's RAM…to ensure that it's functioning properly.…The memory diagnostic may not fix the problem…but it will eliminate the computer's main memory…as a potential source.…To run the Windows Memory Diagnostic, first ensure…that no programs are open and that everything you want…to save is saved.…
Then top the Windows key, and type memory diagnostic.…There it is.…Choose Windows Memory Diagnostic desktop app.…Now you have two options: choose the first one,…restart now to check and fix problems.…Windows shuts down and the PC restarts.…When it does, it runs the memory diagnostic.…The screen is simplistic but informative.…
If any errors are encountered,…
- Diagnosing the causes of PC issues
- Troubleshooting hardware and software
- Performing startup and system restore steps
- Accessing the Task Manager
- Using the Registry Editor
- Fixing Windows
- Checking and freeing storage
- Fixing common printer issues
- Troubleshooting audio
- Restoring network connectivity
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 3s
1. PC Trouble
2. Startup and Shutdown Issues
3. Problems and Solutions: Windows
4. Problems and Solutions: Mass Storage
5. Problems and Solutions: Printer
6. Problems and Solutions: Monitors and Graphics
Troubleshooting the monitor3m 54s
7. Problems and Solutions: Peripherals
8. Problems and Solutions: Networking
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.