Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Running apps as the administrator, part of Windows 10 Tips and Tricks.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Here in Windows 10, when you decide to run certain…programs or apps, typically the ones that would run…in the old Windows Desktop environment,…you have the ability to run those programs…with standard access, or something called elevated access…where you get additional options, features, and functions.…We're going to use the command prompt as an example.…If you're logged into Windows 10 as an administrator…and you go down to the Search field here and start…to type in command, you can see the Command Prompt app,…something we opened up in a previous movie,…you give it a click and off you go…typing in commands on the command line.…
Now even though I'm logged into my account…with administrator privileges, I still only have…standard access to the command prompt.…If I really want to get full or privileged access…to everything possible in the command prompt,…I need to run it as an administrator.…And here's how you do that.…We'll close it up.…Go back down to the Search field…and start to type in command.…And this time, when we go to the Command Prompt app…
- Customizing the startup environment
- Running multiple virtual desktops
- Saving files to PDF
- Locking your screen
- Enabling "God mode"
- Configuring automatic app updates
- Enabling Tablet mode on a PC
- Fine-tuning power settings
- Working with time-saving apps, tools, and utilities
Skill Level Intermediate
Office 2016 and Office 365 New Featureswith David Rivers46m 29s Appropriate for all
1. The Top 10
2. Keyboard Shortcuts
3. Efficiency Tips
4. Display Tips
5. Performance Tips
6. Useful Apps, Tools, and Utilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.