Join Michael Lehman for an in-depth discussion in this video Review Windows 10 IoT security, part of IoT Development with Windows 10 IoT Core 2: Enabling the Cloud and Security.
- [Instructor] The final major topic…we're going to talk about in this course…is securing your device.…The good news is, this is Windows 10…which means that it has basic Windows 10 security,…through and through.…You've got multiple users,…you don't have to log in as the administrator account.…You've got the full ACL mechanisms,…so you can protect the things from your application…and you can also make sure…that people can't access your device remotely…unless you want them to.…The next version, not the current version,…but the next version of Windows 10 IoT core…is going to support Secure Boot and BitLocker…which will allow you to encrypt your file-system…to make sure that hackers can't get in there…and finally, Microsoft is putting together…Security Development Lifecycle recommendations…for building IoT devices.…
- Reviewing hardware options
- Exploring the Sense HAT
- Assembling a prototype
- Designing and implementing UX
- Implementing sensor access
- Reviewing cloud options
- Installing cloud tools
- Sending data to the cloud
- Reviewing Windows 10 IoT security
- Planning for production security
- Moving from prototype to production
Skill Level Beginner
Android App Development: Internet of Thingswith Michael Lehman2h 11m Intermediate
Windows 10 Anniversary Update New Featureswith Nick Brazzi1h 9m Appropriate for all
IoT Foundations: Low-Power Wireless Networkingwith Ryan Hu2h 32m Intermediate
1. Designing an IoT Product with Windows
2. Building the WeatherWare Device
3. Connecting to the Cloud
4. Securing Your Device
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.