Learn how to revert to a previous version of Windows 10 by using the "Reset this PC" feature.
- [Narrator] So, you've decided to upgrade…to Windows 10 from Windows 7,…and whilst the upgrade has worked correctly,…you find that one of your key apps is not working.…The IT support team has said…that they will look into the compatibility issues.…In the meantime, they suggested that you roll back…into Windows 7 until they can fix the problem.…In the Recovery area of the Settings app…is an option to rollback to a previous version of Windows.…You can also find the same option by booting…into the advance boot options.…
You'll only see this if Windows 10 has upgraded…from Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1 versions…in the previous 10 days.…This time limit used to be 30 days…in earlier builds of Windows 10.…After this time, the option will disappear.…The files will have been deleted…and you won't be able to roll back Windows.…Let's drop onto our demo PC…and see how to roll back Windows 10…to a previous version of Windows.…I'll click Start and then the Setting app.…
Then, Update and Security and the Recovery section…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.