Learn how to use the LoadState tool to complete the migration process.
- [Instructor] In this video,…I want to show you how to use the Load State tool…to complete the migration to Windows 10.…As you can see, I'm on a Windows 10 PC…and this is a clean installation.…I've done two things to it however.…First, I've installed the…Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit,…just like what we did on the Windows 7 PC.…The other thing that I've done,…is to copy the migration store from the Windows 7 PC…to the Windows 10 PC.…I'll show you what that looks like.…I go into File Manager, and go to This PC,…and go into my C drive.…
You can see the Store folder.…This is a direct copy from the Windows 7 PC.…So let me close that out…and the next thing that I need to do…is to open up an administrative command prompt.…Now the way that you do this in Windows 10…is a little bit different from Windows 7.…What I have to do is right click on the Start button…and choose the Command Prompt Admin option.…And, when asked if I want to allow the app…to make changes to the PC, I'm going to click Yes.…And now I'm taken to the command prompt window.…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to plan deployments in Windows 10—and prepare for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697. Brien Posey shows how to perform a migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10, enable and configure Hyper-V, configure mobility options, and work with power plans. Plus, he explains how to encrypt a drive using BitLocker.
Review the learning objectives for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Migrating and configuring user data
- Collecting files and settings from a source computer
- Restoring files to a destination computer
- Configuring Hyper-V
- Creating and managing a virtual switch
- Modifying a virtual machine
- Configuring mobility options
- Working with the Windows Mobility Center
- Configuring security for mobile devices
- Encrypting a drive
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
1. Migrate and Configure User Data
2. Configuring Hyper-V
3. Configure Mobility Options
4. Configure Security for Mobile Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.