Get an introduction to resolving hardware problems, such as network, hard drive, and processor bottlenecks.
- [Instructor] To identify the cause of a hardware problem,…you can use one of many diagnostic tools…that are available in Windows 10.…Once the cause has been identified,…then a solution can be found.…Let's review some of the common hardware…issues that you may encounter.…Computers have become very reliable with lifespans…of between five and 10 years.…However, some common hardware problems still occur,…and you need to know how to identify…them and how to resolve them.…These include hard disk failures,…or hard disk corruption, network card issues,…mouse and keyboard failures,…graphic card issues, and motherboard problems.…
When a hard disk starts to fail,…or becomes corrupted, any data saved…on the hard disk can be lost.…This can include system files as well as any data files.…If a new hard disk needs to be installed,…then you can create a system image backup…to make a complete backup of the data…on the failing hard drive.…This backup can then be used to restore…all of the data onto the replacement hard disk.…If the drive also contains the operating system,…
- Troubleshooting startup issues
- Using Windows 10 Safe Mode
- Creating a new BitLocker password
- Resolving a slow-running computer
- Managing device driver issues
- Fixing an incompatible application using a shim
- Troubleshooting computers remotely
- Troubleshooting network and remote connectivity
- Troubleshooting a VPN connection
- Migrating to a mobile device management solution
- Resolving sign-in issues
Skill Level Advanced
Windows 10: Troubleshooting for IT Supportwith Andrew Bettany3h 42m Intermediate
Windows 10 for IT Pros Essential Trainingwith Brien Posey2h 53m Intermediate
Windows 10: Provision and Manage Mobile Deviceswith Brien Posey1h 39m Intermediate
1. Troubleshooting Startup Issues
2. Troubleshooting BitLocker
3. Troubleshooting Hardware Devices and Software
4. Troubleshooting Computers Remotely
5. Troubleshooting Network and Remote Connectivity
6. Troubleshooting VPN Connections
7. Troubleshooting Group Policy and MDM Issues
8. Troubleshooting User Sign-On Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.