Explore the Network and Sharing Center, networking in the Settings app, and the Windows Network Diagnostics tool in this video.
- [Instructor] Let's drop onto our demo PC…and review the various network features in the Settings app…and the Network and Sharing Center in Windows 10.…First, I'll click the network icon in the notification area.…This provides a link…to the Network and Internet Settings app.…You can see in the top of the screen a network map…which has been produced by the LLTD mapper.…You can also see…that the device is connected to the internet.…
If I scroll down we can see the other network settings…including Change adapter options, Sharing options,…HomeGroup, and Network troubleshooter.…We can also open the Network and Sharing Center.…The overview screen of the Network and Sharing Center…shows basic network and connection information…for your active networks.…Let's select the ethernet connection.…Here we can see the status and also…the speed of the connection.…
In addition to the network speed,…we can also see the duration…that this connection has been made.…In the Activity section, we can see the number of bytes…sent and received on this network connection.…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.