Windows 10 give you a lot of flexibility in how you can move, minimize, maximize, and resize your windows. It also gives you a lot of new options for doing all of this with keyboard shortcuts. In this course, you will learn how to effectively manage the resizing and placement of your windows.
- [Instructor] In this movie, we are going to cover…how to resize and move windows.…Any time you open a file or program,…you are opening what is called a window.…Resizing windows will help you manage and maximize…screen real estate so you can have multiple windows…open simultaneously, while also seeing…windows or screens to the side or beneath them.…Let's start with opening Notepad.…Notice in the upper right of the window,…you will see three icons.…Moving your mouse over them…will tell you what each one does.…The first one is minimize,…second one maximize, third one is close.…
Minimize brings your window down to the taskbar,…closing it so you can use it later.…This is beneficial if you want to just put something on hold…without cancelling it altogether.…I can bring it back by clicking on its icon on the taskbar.…The second icon is for maximizing the size of your window…if it is not already maximized.…If it is already maximized, the same icon restores it back…to its previous state at a smaller size…with the ability to see the screen or window beneath it.…
Technology trainer David Casuto explains basic Windows conventions, and explores how to best resize and manage windows, change the way your mouse behaves, and customize the desktop, including the taskbar and Start menu. Need help finding files and applications? Learn how to search more effectively using the File Explorer and Cortana, Microsoft's digital assistant. If you have visual or audio impairments, Window's accessibility features are a great tool. Learn how to use the Ease of Access options (like the Magnifier and closed captioning) to make Windows more user friendly. Last but not least, David shows how to save time with some helpful keyboard shortcuts. Windows is a powerful platform; with these tips, you'll find it even easier to use.
- Personalizing your desktop
- Managing windows
- Changing mouse properties
- Searching for files, folders, and apps
- Using the File Explorer
- Using accessibility features
- Using keyboard shortcuts