Learn how to use the Reset Windows 10 and Fresh Start features.
- [Instructor] Let's drop onto our demo PC…and see how to access some of the recovery options…available from the GUI.…To use the Reset option,…we first need to open the Settings app.…I'll click Start, and then Settings…and then Update & Security.…We then need to head to Recovery.…At the top of the screen,…we can select Reset this PC,…and click the Get started button.…We can see two options listed,…Keep my files and Remove everything option.…
I'll set the Remove everything option…and we're presented with two further choices,…to just remove my files…or remove my files and clean the drive.…If I'm concerned about the next user of this device…being able to access my personal files,…I should click the second option and clean the drive.…This may take several hours, but it's a safer option…if those are my concerns.…Once we're ready to reset the PC, I'll click Reset.…
The computer will then be reset.…It'll take several hours but then completely reinstalled…with Windows 10.…I also want to show you…the new Fresh Start option in Windows 10.…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.