Learn how to rename a Hyper-V virtual machine.
- [Instructor] In this video, I want to show you…how to rename a Hyper-V virtual machine.…So, here we are in the Hyper-V Manager…and you can see that I've got a virtual machine…called MyNewVM.…Not exactly a great name, so we can change that.…What I'm going to do is I'm going to right click…on the virtual machine and I'm going to choose…the Rename command from the shortcut menu.…And now I can just type whatever name I want.…So, I'm going to choose, instead,…to call this one Windows 10 Demo and press Enter.…And just like that, the virtual machine has been renamed.…
Now, we're not quite done yet,…because we've only renamed the virtual machine.…We haven't changed the name within the operating machine.…So, if I double click on the virtual machine…to open up the console,…we can take a look inside of this virtual machine…and what I'm going to do…is I'm going to right click on the Start button…and I'm going to go to System.…This is going to bring up the system property sheet…for the virtual machine.…We can see that the computer name is still set to MyNewVM.…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to plan deployments in Windows 10—and prepare for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697. Brien Posey shows how to perform a migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10, enable and configure Hyper-V, configure mobility options, and work with power plans. Plus, he explains how to encrypt a drive using BitLocker.
Review the learning objectives for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Migrating and configuring user data
- Collecting files and settings from a source computer
- Restoring files to a destination computer
- Configuring Hyper-V
- Creating and managing a virtual switch
- Modifying a virtual machine
- Configuring mobility options
- Working with the Windows Mobility Center
- Configuring security for mobile devices
- Encrypting a drive
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
1. Migrate and Configure User Data
2. Configuring Hyper-V
3. Configure Mobility Options
4. Configure Security for Mobile Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.