It's all fun and games until you lose network access. I'll show you how to remove that virtual switch in this movie.
- [Voiceover] When done with your virtual machine,…it's always a good idea to turn off the machine…to save system resources and then remove your virtual switch…so you don't encounter a loss…of network and internet connectivity.…Should also probably reboot your machine…after deleting the switch.…So let me demonstrate how to do this.…To turn off your machine,…here in the New Virtual Machine section…just click on the Turn Off button.…That turns off your machine, again, saving system resources.…To remove the switch, here in the Actions panel over here…choose Virtual Switch Manager.…
Select the switch that you created,…and then down here at the bottom, click remove.…Click okay.…Pending changes may disrupt network connectivity.…This is why I have you remove it.…Virtual machines using this virtual switch…may lose network connectivity.…Since you're done with the virtual machine,…that's not important, but you definitely don't want…to lose your other network connectivity…to the network or to the internet, so click Yes.…And now you should go ahead and reboot your host machine…
Note: This course maps to the "Manage apps" domain of the Configure Windows Devices exam 70-697.
- Deploying via Azure RemoteApp
- Setting up cloud, cloud + VNet and hybrid collections
- Publishing RemoteApp apps
- Understanding real-world uses for RemoteApp
- Deploying and managing mobile apps with Intune
- Deploying virtual machines with Hyper-V
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 Fundamentals for IT Proswith Jim Boyce3h 3m Intermediate
1. Deploy and Manage Azure RemoteApp
2. Real-World Applications for RemoteApp
Next Steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.