Review remoting with Windows PowerShell, including concepts, setup environment, and winrm quickconfig.
- [Presenter] PowerShell can be used to create strips…to manage repetitive management tasks.…These strips can then be remotely run…on other Windows systems,…such as PCs and servers, across your network.…This is called PowerShell Remoting,…and the scale can be enormous.…PowerShell Remoting can administer 10s, 100s,…or 1000s of remote machines.…Before we get to know more about PowerShell Remoting,…we should first provide a use case for it.…After all, administrators have remotely managed…servers for decades using remote desktop…and remote server administration tools.…
However, in the age of mass virtualization,…and using the cloud, the GUI is not always…the most convenient or practical solution.…Remote desktop, for example, struggles at scale,…as in fact does the GUI.…This is where Windows PowerShell comes in.…And PowerShell Remoting can scale to connect…and manage thousands of remote Windows machines with ease.…There are several aspects to remoting with PowerShell…that we need to cover before we can see it in practice.…
- Troubleshooting startup issues
- Using Windows 10 Safe Mode
- Creating a new BitLocker password
- Resolving a slow-running computer
- Managing device driver issues
- Fixing an incompatible application using a shim
- Troubleshooting computers remotely
- Troubleshooting network and remote connectivity
- Troubleshooting a VPN connection
- Migrating to a mobile device management solution
- Resolving sign-in issues
Skill Level Advanced
Windows 10 for IT Pros Essential Trainingwith Brien Posey2h 53m Intermediate
Windows 10: Provision and Manage Mobile Deviceswith Brien Posey1h 39m Intermediate
1. Troubleshooting Startup Issues
2. Troubleshooting BitLocker
3. Troubleshooting Hardware Devices and Software
4. Troubleshooting Computers Remotely
5. Troubleshooting Network and Remote Connectivity
6. Troubleshooting VPN Connections
7. Troubleshooting Group Policy and MDM Issues
8. Troubleshooting User Sign-On Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.