Explore how remote troubleshooting can work within an Enterprise. Explore a demonstration of the Remote Assistant tool.
- [Instructor] One of the advantages of using Windows 10…is that there are many built in tools…that are available to help support end users remotely.…Let's explore the remote working tools…and view their functionality.…The main tools available to the end user,…and the help desk technician to provide support,…include remote assistance,…remote desktop, quick assist, and steps recorder.…These tools help extend support…out from the IT help desk support team…to the end users location.…
Let's start by looking at remote assistance.…Remote assistance allows a support professional…to temporarily take control…of another user's computer, remotely.…This is useful, as it allows IT support,…help desk technicians, to remotely see the desktop…and still talk to the user whilst attempting…to resolve the problem.…This is all without having to leave their desk,…or visit the end user.…Let's drop onto our end user PC, which is requiring support.…
The built in remote assistance feature…is turned off by default.…We can turn it on in the system area of control panel.…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.