On a Windows 10 client machine, enable Remote Management so that Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance can be used to access and manage the computer remotely. Explore Windows Firewall settings, and verify that the computer is ready for remote management. Learn where to find settings related to remote management in Group Policy.
- [Instructor] Managing computers remotely…lets administrators resolve problems with computers…without having to be physically in front of them.…This is known as remote management.…There's several remote management tools,…which I introduced in the last movie,…including using a Microsoft Management Console.…In order to remote into a computer,…that computer must be configured to allow such connections.…Two of the easiest to enable…are Remote Assistance and Remote Desktop.…One place you can do that is from this system dialog box.…
To get there, type enable remote…in the search window on the task bar,…and select allow remote access to your computer.…Remote Assistance is enabled by default…and should already be selected,…but you'll need to select…allow remote connections to this computer…if you want to use Remote Desktop.…With that done, click OK…to close the System Properties dialog box.…You can also enable remote features…in the Windows Features window,…if you want to manage Windows servers from this computer.…
To get there, type turn Windows features on or off…
This course maps to the domain of Exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10, a required exam for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA).
- Configuring and supporting network settings
- Connecting to a network and configuring network locations
- Using Windows Firewall
- Managing partitions with Disk Management
- Managing storage with PowerShell
- Creating and configuring a VHD
- Creating and configuring homegroups and folder shares
- Configuring desktop apps and startup options
- Creating and deploying provisioning packages
- Using Remote Management tools
- Configuring Remote Assistance and Remote Desktop
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Networking
2. Configure Storage
3. Configure Data Access and Usage
Troubleshoot data access5m 59s
4. Implement Apps
5. Configure Remote Management
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.