You can execute commands on remote computers using Windows PowerShell. Some commands include winrm /quickconfig, Enable-PS-Remoting, and Disable-PSRemoting, along with their associated parameters.
- [Instructor] You can use Windows PowerShell…to perform remote management and remote connection tasks…using commandlets and scripts.…This is often a faster way to manage computers…if you have quite a few to configure.…Managing computers remotely in a PowerShell session…is called Windows PowerShell Remoting.…This is a PowerShell window.…Before you can use the remote management tools…we'll talk about here,…you must enable the Windows Remote Management service.…You do this by typing winrm space quickconfig…in an elevated command prompt.…
I'll type cmd on a taskbar, right click Command Prompt,…and opt to run as an administrator.…Then I'll type the command and press enter.…Notice it says that we're starting the WinRM service.…Would I like to make the changes?…And I'll type y and press enter.…Now it tells us that WinRM has been updated…to receive requests, the service has changed successfully,…and that, in order to allow remote access…to this machine for management, I'm going to need to type…y one more type so I'll do that.…
This course maps to the domain of Exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10, a required exam for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA).
- Configuring and supporting network settings
- Connecting to a network and configuring network locations
- Using Windows Firewall
- Managing partitions with Disk Management
- Managing storage with PowerShell
- Creating and configuring a VHD
- Creating and configuring homegroups and folder shares
- Configuring desktop apps and startup options
- Creating and deploying provisioning packages
- Using Remote Management tools
- Configuring Remote Assistance and Remote Desktop
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Networking
2. Configure Storage
3. Configure Data Access and Usage
Troubleshoot data access5m 59s
4. Implement Apps
5. Configure Remote Management
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.