In this video, author Brian Culp presents an overview of some common troubleshooting scenarios that candidates for the Microsoft 70-697 exam might expect to see on the test. Included in this discussion is an identification of the Remote Desktop Protocol port used by the Remote Desktop tool, and how users need to ensure that neither the port nor application is blocked at the firewall level.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] In this lesson, I wanna leave you…with a few brief notes about troubleshooting…a remote desktop connection.…So, these are things that can be certainly practical…help when you are establishing and using…remote desktop connections in your environment.…But they're also, as a testable matter,…some things you probably need to know about…if a remote desktop connection won't work.…When you are represented with a scenario or a question…like something's going wrong, how do you fix it?…What could the issue be, those kinds of things.…So, let's cover the basics first.…
In terms of practical application, probably most…of the things that go wrong with remote desktop…are going to come down to checking the obvious.…Are you using the correct name…of the server you're connecting to?…What about the IP address; is there some error there?…You should make sure you double check…the credentials you're using.…And you should make sure that the network is running.…Is there a problem with the router or a default gateway?…Or is this the network down in some other fashion?…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to manage remote access in Windows 10—and prepare for the Manage Remote Access domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697, Configuring Windows Devices. Brian Culp shows how to create and enable a VPN connection, configure Remote Desktop, establish mobility policies, create and deploy workspaces, and configure offline storage and file syncing. Plus, learn how connect to printers and displays using Wi-Fi Direct.
Review the learning objectives for the Manage Remote Access domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Creating and enabling a VPN connection
- Using Wi-Fi Sense
- Configuring Remote Desktop
- Troubleshooting with Remote Desktop
- Configuring power policies and mobility options
- Creating workspaces with Windows To Go and PowerShell
- Configuring offline files and file policies
- Adjusting sync options
- Connecting to Wi-Fi Direct devices