In this video, author Brian Culp discusses an enterprise-level utility that can be run on Windows 10 machines to manage multiple Remote Desktop sessions at once. The tool is called the Remote Desktop Connection Manager, and it is not included with Windows 10, but rather something that is downloaded from the Microsoft website. Brian highlights some of the important new improvements with this tool.
- [Voiceover] In this lesson we'll look…at a tool called the Remote Desktop Connection Manager…and understand its purpose…and use in an enterprise environment.…It is an enterprise level tool that lets administrators…manage multiple remote desktop connections.…It is not mentioned in the list of 697 exam objectives,…but I do think it's worthwhile to mention a few points…about this tool and what its purpose is.…So first of all, just understand its job.…
It lets administrators manage multiple connections.…It is not, however, included with Windows 10,…you have to go out and download it.…Its best use is if you're the admin…in a server forum type of environment.…Maybe you work remotely and you have to manage…many corporate servers throughout the course of a day,…and establishing and closing a single…remote desktop connection window…would prove cumbersome for simply switching…back and forth between open connections.…
So imagine if maybe you're the technical director…on a television show or a sports event…and you've got multiple feeds coming in,…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to manage remote access in Windows 10—and prepare for the Manage Remote Access domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697, Configuring Windows Devices. Brian Culp shows how to create and enable a VPN connection, configure Remote Desktop, establish mobility policies, create and deploy workspaces, and configure offline storage and file syncing. Plus, learn how connect to printers and displays using Wi-Fi Direct.
Review the learning objectives for the Manage Remote Access domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Creating and enabling a VPN connection
- Using Wi-Fi Sense
- Configuring Remote Desktop
- Troubleshooting with Remote Desktop
- Configuring power policies and mobility options
- Creating workspaces with Windows To Go and PowerShell
- Configuring offline files and file policies
- Adjusting sync options
- Connecting to Wi-Fi Direct devices