Review the Registry in Windows 10 and explore how to troubleshoot registry problems.
- [Instructor] The Registry rarely gets…corrupted in Windows 10,…but you should know how to recognize issues…when they occur,…and how to manage and maintain the Windows Registry.…In a word, the Registry is a database.…It stores information on configuration settings…for the Windows operating system,…such as your desktop background color,…or the number of lines that your mouse wheel…will scroll in a web page.…It also stores settings for hardware devices,…apps, and user profile information.…
Every time a change to a setting…of a device, an app, or a user profile,…or any other setting is made,…that change is typically stored in the Registry.…When your system shuts down,…a copy of the current Registry database…with all the changes are saved…and this will be used when your system…is switched on again.…Built into Windows 10 is the default Registry editor.…This is called RegEdit.exe…and you can launch the tool…from a command prompt window or from Powershell.…
With the RegEdit tool,…you can view, change, and delete information…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.