You know how set up a File History backup in another video. In this video, see how to restore individual files that were previously backed up using the File History tool.
- [Instructor] This movie is about restoring files…if you already have the File History Backup tool set up.…If you do not have File History set up,…then you should go back and watch the movie…on how to get that running first.…This movie is just about restoring files,…and that could mean that you've deleted a file…that you should not have deleted,…or it could mean that you've made an edit…to a file that you should not have,…and you need to get an older version back.…Now you're not able to restore…your system configuration from a File History backup,…but you can restore your files and folders.…
So I've had my File History Backup…running for less than a day.…I have some history of backups on this system,…not much but enough to show you how it works.…So I'm going to go into File Explorer,…and into My Documents folder,…into one of these sub-folders where I have…some files that we can work with.…And I want to talk about what you do…if you accidentally delete a file,…or make a change that you want to reset.…So let's just grab one of these files.…
- Launching applications
- Interacting with windows, menus, and ribbons
- Multitasking to switch between multiple applications
- Switching to tablet mode
- Managing files and folders with the File Explorer
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Working with email, contacts, and calendars
- Using and installing apps
- Managing display and account settings
- Backing up Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding essential folder structure, including the user folder; using shortcuts to files and folders; and creating 3D objects in Paint 3D.
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Browsing the Web with Edge
5. Working with Mail, People, and Calendars
6. Using the Other Bundled Apps
7. Installing Apps and Printers
8. Essential Settings and Customization
9. Account Settings
Sign-in security options4m 3s
10. Using Cortana to Search
11. Backing Up and Restoring
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.