Explore OneDrive and understand OneDrive limitations with regard to using it as the only backup option. Recover files using the OneDrive website. Recover a missing file from the OneDrive website using the OneDrive app. Recover files that you've already deleted from the Recycle Bin from the OneDrive website. Use the Undo option to recover a recently deleted file.
- [Instructor] There are plenty of…places to store personal data,…including stand alone computers,…attached external drives,…and local network drives.…Large companies that need to manage corporate…data might have onsite data storage rooms,…or they might keep their data offsite…in a server farm hosted by a third party…for a monthly or yearly fee.…Single users and small business owners…might opt to store their data online as well.…There are lots of options, including Dropbox,…Onedrive, Google Drive, iCloud, and more.…
I'll talk about OneDrive here.…If you're following along, open File Explorer,…and click your OneDrive folder.…I've already done that.…If you don't see a OneDrive folder,…it might be because you haven't logged in…to this computer yet with a Microsoft account.…If you do see a folder and you click it,…if you've never logged into it before,…you might have to log in now.…Saving data to OneDrive isn't much different…from saving to a personal library.…I'll show you.…I've started a WordPad document…Testing for OneDrive.…
Note: The course also maps to the third part of MCSA exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10. Taking this course will prepare you for objectives in the Manage and Maintain Windows domain of the test.
- Configuring Windows Update
- Updating Windows apps
- Reviewing event logs
- Using Resource Monitor and Performance Monitor
- Managing security with Windows Defender
- Creating a recovery drive
- Restoring and recovering files
- Recovering the OS with Windows Recovery
- Configuring authorization and authentication
- Securing Windows 10 with passwords
- Joining workgroups and domains
- Creating and using accounts
- Automating tasks with PowerShell
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Updates
2. Monitor Windows
3. Configure System and Data Recovery
4. Configure Authorization and Authentication
5. Configure Advanced
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.