Boot into the Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE) to access the recovery options and use them.
- [Narrator] The Windows Recovery Environment,…also called Windows RE,…contains automatic repair tools…that may be able to help you recover the system…after a computer failure.…Windows RE also contains options for administrators…and tech specialists such as access to the command prompt,…the ability to recover using a system image disk…and options to access the firmware for UEFI settings…among other things.…You may be able to boot to the recovery environment…from settings, recovery and advanced options,…if your computer configuration supports it.…
There are other ways to enter the RE environment.…You can hold down the shift key while you click restart…to reboot the computer.…You can use settings mentioned earlier…or you can boot using recovery media like a recovery disk.…I prefer to use a physical disk myself…because most computers are already configured to boot…to the disk automatically and will do so without difficulty.…Windows RE will automatically start…in certain instances too.…For example, after two consecutive failed boot attempts…
Note: The course also maps to the third part of MCSA exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10. Taking this course will prepare you for objectives in the Manage and Maintain Windows domain of the test.
- Configuring Windows Update
- Updating Windows apps
- Reviewing event logs
- Using Resource Monitor and Performance Monitor
- Managing security with Windows Defender
- Creating a recovery drive
- Restoring and recovering files
- Recovering the OS with Windows Recovery
- Configuring authorization and authentication
- Securing Windows 10 with passwords
- Joining workgroups and domains
- Creating and using accounts
- Automating tasks with PowerShell
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Updates
2. Monitor Windows
3. Configure System and Data Recovery
4. Configure Authorization and Authentication
5. Configure Advanced
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.