Join Michael Lehman for an in-depth discussion in this video Receive notifications from the cloud, part of IoT Development with Windows 10 IoT Core 2: Enabling the Cloud and Security.
- [Narrator] Let's go get some data from the cloud.…The first thing we have to do is come over here…to this Azure IoT Hub code.…And see that it puts itself into an infinite loop.…We don't want that because we're already in a loop,…calling it periodically.…So we'll just delete this while loop altogether.…Format the code.…And then, if we don't get a message back.…Return, null.…And then, we don't need this delay.…Alright, there we go.…So now our method is all set up.…
It will either return a message or null.…And we can come back to our temperature sensing code,…which runs as you know every five seconds.…And put this code in here…to go see if we can get something,…and if we've got it, we write it out to the log.…So let's go ahead and fire it up.…Alright there we go.…You can see that our system is all set up and running.…And it's measuring the temperature periodically.…So we'll come back here to device explorer.…And we'll put in a new message here:…Azure Rocks.…
We'll add a timestamp.…We'll put in some data. Key: AAA. Data: 123.…
- Reviewing hardware options
- Exploring the Sense HAT
- Assembling a prototype
- Designing and implementing UX
- Implementing sensor access
- Reviewing cloud options
- Installing cloud tools
- Sending data to the cloud
- Reviewing Windows 10 IoT security
- Planning for production security
- Moving from prototype to production
Skill Level Beginner
Android App Development: Internet of Thingswith Michael Lehman2h 11m Intermediate
Windows 10 Anniversary Update New Featureswith Nick Brazzi1h 9m Appropriate for all
IoT Foundations: Low-Power Wireless Networkingwith Ryan Hu2h 32m Intermediate
1. Designing an IoT Product with Windows
2. Building the WeatherWare Device
3. Connecting to the Cloud
4. Securing Your Device
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.