Learn how to even out data loads by rebalancing data across disks in a storage pool.
- View Offline
- [Instructor] As covered previously,…you do not need to explicitly inform storage spaces,…which of the disks in the pool…should be used to store which data.…Just rest assured that behind the scenes,…storage spaces is optimally managing the capacity…of each of the physical drives in the pool.…However, at some point, you may need to rebalance the data…across any new disks that have been added to the pool,…so that you can even out the data load across the pool.…So in this lesson, I demonstrate how to do this…using the storage space rebalancing tool.…
When data is written to a virtual disk…that is created in a storage pool,…that data is spread over the disks…based on the number of disks used to write a stripe of data,…referred to as columns, and the amount…of data written to each disk as part of a stripe,…referred to as the interleave.…When you write a lot of data to the pool,…and then add another disk or two,…this new data will be written to the new disk…in addition to the existing disks.…However, the older existing content…
- Enabling disk write caching
- Creating spanned and striped volumes
- Configuring Storage Spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Enabling USB drives
- Clearing caches
- Fixing drives
- Troubleshooting OneDrive
- Encrypting files with EFS
- Encrypting volumes and drives with BitLocker
- Configuring share permissions
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Storage
2. Troubleshoot Storage Issues
3. Configure Encryption
4. Configure Share Permissions
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.