Until recently, you had to be a close partner with the console company to be able to build apps for the system. This is no longer the case. Now we have an open system for building apps for a console. This video explores the types of apps that fit best int
- [Instructor] I suspect that most consumers think…of the Xbox as a gaming console.…They buy it to play games, but the reality is that…consoles have apps now.…Until recently, you had to be a close partner…with the console company to be able to build apps…for the system.…This is no longer the case.…Now we have an open system for building apps…for the console.…That brings up some questions.…Should you build an app for the Xbox?…If so, what type of app should you make?…If you already have a universal windows app…or are planning on building one, guess what?…You've got an Xbox one app.…
It's not optimized for working on an Xbox, however.…You need to think about controller support…and other issues, but you've got the app.…That leads me to another thought:…if you don't have an existing app, should you make one…for the store?…If you choose yes, what type of app fits well…in the Xbox ecosystem?…To answer that question, let's look at the apps…that are in the Xbox app store.…We'll navigate down to the app section…and choose browse apps.…
- Setting up the development environment
- Installing Visual Studio
- Creating a Dev Center account
- Installing and activating Developer Mode on Xbox One
- Pairing Visual Studio with the Xbox
- Mirroring Xbox One content to a PC
- Exploring a UWP app on a PC, mobile device, and Xbox One
- Creating a basic UWP app
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Set Up the Development Environment
2. Why Build an App for Xbox?
3. Create a Basic UWP App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.