One of the prime benefits with making a Universal Windows app is that you have one application that runs on all the Windows 10 devices. But there are variations in device format that need to be addressed. This is usually done with a responsive design. In
- [Instructor] One of the prime benefits…with making a universal Windows app…is that you have one application that…runs on all the Windows 10 devices.…This simplifies the work for your development team.…There is nothing special that you need to do…other than create a universal…Windows app project in Visual Studio.…Once the app is ready, you can run it…on the various devices.…You have a single code base…that just works on Windows 10.…There are caveats to this run everywhere approach, however.…Some of the devices have hardware…that is not available across the entire device family.…
You won't find many people using your app…on Windows phone that are also…using a game controller with the phone.…It's just not possible.…On the Xbox One, it's a different story.…The default experience is to navigate through…the app with a controller, using the buttons as needed…to switch screens and interact with the UI.…While every Xbox has a controller,…most customers don't have a keyboard accessory…for text input, however.…Another limitation, the phone has a hardware…
- Setting up the development environment
- Installing Visual Studio
- Creating a Dev Center account
- Installing and activating Developer Mode on Xbox One
- Pairing Visual Studio with the Xbox
- Mirroring Xbox One content to a PC
- Exploring a UWP app on a PC, mobile device, and Xbox One
- Creating a basic UWP app
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Set Up the Development Environment
2. Why Build an App for Xbox?
3. Create a Basic UWP App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.