Knowing how to properly quit applications—not just closing windows—can be pretty vital. If you have lots of applications running, it can slow down your computer. So, in this video, look at the options for completely quitting applications when you're finished with them.
- [Instructor] Quitting an application…when you're finished, is very easy,…but there are some interesting variables…that I'd like to explore.…So let's start by launching an application.…I'll just use the icon in the taskbar to launch…the Edge web browser.…So the application launches and of course I see a window.…Naturally, when you're ready to quit the application,…you'll probably just hit the X button…up in the top-right corner.…I click it on that, and now Edge has quit,…it's no longer running.…But let's take a closer look at what's happening here.…I'm going to launch Edge again.…
When an application is running,…you're going to see a window open of course,…but I also want you to notice,…that the icon on the taskbar has a little line beneath it.…That's another way you can you can tell…that the application is running.…So let's launch another application,…something that is not pinned to the taskbar.…So I'll go to the start menu,…and I'll launch the weather application.…And we'll see, of course, the window opens up,…
- Launching applications
- Interacting with windows, menus, and ribbons
- Multitasking to switch between multiple applications
- Switching to tablet mode
- Managing files and folders with the File Explorer
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Working with email, contacts, and calendars
- Using and installing apps
- Managing display and account settings
- Backing up Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding essential folder structure, including the user folder; using shortcuts to files and folders; and creating 3D objects in Paint 3D.
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Browsing the Web with Edge
5. Working with Mail, People, and Calendars
6. Using the Other Bundled Apps
7. Installing Apps and Printers
8. Essential Settings and Customization
9. Account Settings
Sign-in security options4m 3s
10. Using Cortana to Search
11. Backing Up and Restoring
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.