Get an introduction to the Quick Assist tool and see a demonstration of Quick Assist tool.
- [Lecturer] Quick Assist is a new Windows 10 app…designed to replace Remote Assistance.…It's included with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update,…that is version 1607 or later.…It's easier to use than Remote Assistance…because Quick Assist doesn't need anything setting up first…in the Control Panel or the Firewall.…It offers two simple Help options:…Get assistance, and Give assistance.…Let's take a look.…I'll act as an IT Support Help Desk Technician offering help…after responding to a telephone call from an End User.…
I'll click Start and search for Quick Assist.…I'll select the Quick Assist app and the app launches.…I'll choose to Give assistance.…Here I need to sign in with my Microsoft account.…I'll enter my credentials.…A security code will appear.…This needs to be shared with the End User.…
Notice that the code expires in less than 10 minutes.…I'll hop over to the End User who requires help…and launch the Quick Assist app.…I'll now select Get assistance…and enter the code provided by the Support Assistant…and click Submit.…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.