Before you can use the ICD tool you must first install it. Once installed, learn how to start the Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer, which offers a place to begin the provisioning process. You'll use an image of Windows 10 to create an imaging process and associated workflows and then deploy the package to computers in your organization.
- [Instructor] OEMs, small and large businesses,…and even schools often create their own custom…Windows images that include drivers, applications,…custom desktops and so on, that they then provision…to all their devices to streamline their environment…and to create a unified desktop environment…for all employees.…There are various ways to generate these…custom Windows images, depending on what exactly it is…an administrator wants to create, including…but not limited to using the Windows Automated Installation…Kit and the Windows Automated Deployment Kit.…
Soon there will be another option,…the Unattend and Windows System Image Manager.…There are third party tools as well.…At the time this video was created, in the summer of 2016,…you could also use the Windows Imaging and Configuration…Designer Tool to create these images.…You can use this ICD tool to do a lot more…than that, though.…Here are a few things it offers.…To get to the ICD tool, you must first install…the Windows Automated Deployment Kit.…If you'd like to follow along or try to create…
- Choosing an upgrade or new installation
- Choosing a Windows 10 edition
- Creating installation media
- Installing Windows 10
- Upgrading Windows 10
- Configuring and managing device drivers
- Configuring the desktop
- Configuring notifications
- Configuring Cortana and Hyper-V
- Provisioning with Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer
- Using Active Directory-based activation
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Prepare for Installation
2. Perform the Installation
3. Configure and Manage Device Drivers
4. Perform Post Installation Tasks
5. Explore Enterprise Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.