Before you can use the ICD tool you must first install it. Once installed, learn how to start the Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer, which offers a place to begin the provisioning process. Use an image of Windows 10 to create an imaging process and associated workflows and then deploy the package to computers in your organization.
- [Instructor] OEMs, small and large businesses … and even schools often create … their own custom Windows images … that include drivers, applications, … custom desktops and so on … that they then provision to all their devices … to streamline their environment … and to create a unified desktop environment … for all employees. … There are various ways to generate … these custom Windows images … depending on what exactly it is … an administrator wants to create. … Including but not limited to, … using the Windows automated installation kit … and the Windows automated deployment kit. … There's also the Windows system image manager … that helps you create unattended Windows setup answer files … as well as several third-party options. … At the time this video was created, in early 2019, … you could also use … the Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer tool … to create images. … You can use this ICD tool to do a lot more than that though. … Here are a few of the things it offers. … To get to the ICD tool, …
- Choosing an upgrade or new installation
- Choosing a Windows 10 edition
- Creating installation media
- Installing and upgrading Windows 10
- Troubleshooting group policies on devices
- Configuring and managing device drivers
- Configuring the desktop
- Configuring notifications
- Configuring Cortana and Hyper-V
- Using Active Directory-based activation
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Configure and Support Core Serviceswith Joli Ballew2h 56m Intermediate
Windows 10: Manage and Maintain Windows 10with Joli Ballew2h 29m Intermediate
Setting up Windows1m 28s
1. Prepare for Installation
2. Perform the Installation
3. Configure Devices by Using Local Policies
4. Configure and Manage Device Drivers
5. Perform Post Installation Tasks
6. Explore Enterprise Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.