Windows has tools built in to protect your system from viruses and malware. It's good to know how these tools work and where to look if you need to adjust some settings. For the most part, you don't need to set anything up or make any changes, but This video introduces the tools and makes sure you know how they work.
- [Instructor] In this movie I want…to consider the health of your computer.…That means protecting it from viruses or malware…of course, but it also includes…settings or configurations that could cause…things to work improperly or more slowly.…There are a few tools in Windows 10…that help you protect your computer…and monitor its overall health.…And I want to start with Windows Defender,…which we can find by going to Settings,…to Update & Security, then to Windows Defender.…Here, there's just one button to launch…Windows Defender, so I'll click on that to launch it…and let's flip this into the full-screen mode.…
Now if you've used Windows Defender in the past,…you'll notice that the interface looks pretty different.…There are now several sections that we can explore.…I've got the sections here on this main screen,…but I could also go to the side bar…on the left to jump through those sections.…And the primary focus here is virus protection.…We can see that under this virus & threat…protection option, so I'll click…
- Launching applications
- Interacting with windows, menus, and ribbons
- Multitasking to switch between multiple applications
- Switching to tablet mode
- Managing files and folders with the File Explorer
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Working with email, contacts, and calendars
- Using and installing apps
- Managing display and account settings
- Backing up Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding essential folder structure, including the user folder; using shortcuts to files and folders; and creating 3D objects in Paint 3D.
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Browsing the Web with Edge
5. Working with Mail, People, and Calendars
6. Using the Other Bundled Apps
7. Installing Apps and Printers
8. Essential Settings and Customization
9. Account Settings
Sign-in security options4m 3s
10. Using Cortana to Search
11. Backing Up and Restoring
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.