The open-source HoloToolkit accelerates HoloLens app development. Use the HoloToolkit build module to streamline Unity project configuration.
- [Instructor] Do you remember earlier…when Dennis was showing you all the steps…you had to go through to configure…your Unity project for HoloLens?…You were probably thinking to yourself,…why isn't there an easier way to do that.…Well, there actually is an easier way.…I'm not sure if you noticed, but when we added…the Holo Toolkit a new menu item showed up on the toolbar.…What this does is it allows you to go through…a lot of the settings that previously we did manually,…and just sort of get it setup for you.…For instance, you can apply all the project settings…in one place like this.…
And the advantage of this is you're less likely…to forget one of those steps.…So if I just apply the project settings now…it's actually going to reload the whole project.…And then you go ahead and save the project…to make that permanent.…Typically what I do next is I go ahead and go into…the Capability settings and make sure I have…all the ones that I want turned on.…
And then I apply it, and I save it again.…And then the last one is just…
Join instructors Dennis Vroegop and James Ashley for this introduction for HoloLens app development. They show you how to set up your development environment, including Unity and the HoloToolkit; how to deploy to HoloLens and the HoloLens emulator; and how to build apps that accept user input via gazes, tapping, and speech. Then discover how to use spatial mapping to detect your surroundings and analyze your environment with spatial understanding. Learn how to implement spatial sound that adds to the user's existing environment, and synchronize data to create shared experiences. Along the way, learn how it all comes together in two simple 3D apps: a visualization for enterprise business and a platform game.
- Installing Unity, Visual Studio, and the HoloToolkit
- Building an app in Unity
- Deploying to HoloLens or the HoloLens emulator
- Gaze and tapping
- Spatial mapping and spatial understanding
- Spatial sound
- Shared holograms
- Creating 3D enterprise apps
- Creating 3D games
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Set Up Your Development Environment
Download the HoloToolkit2m 32s
2. Basic Configuration and Deployment
3. Basic Interaction
4. Use HoloToolKit
5. Spatial Sound
6. Shared Experiences
7. Games and Enterprise Applications on the HoloLens
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.