In this video, we will prepare a Windows 10 machine for Sysprep.
- [Narrator] In one of the later videos,…I'm going to be showing you how to…use a utility called SysPrep,…but before we can use SysPrep,…there's a lot of preparation work…that has to be done on this Windows PC.…So in this video, I'll show you what needs to be done.…This PC is going to act as a model…for our mandatory profile.…So the way that you would configure this is really going to…vary based on the needs of your own organization,…but there are two things you have to do.…One, if BitLocker encryption is enabled,…you'll need to disable that,…and the way that you would do that is…by right-clicking on the Start button,…and going to Control Panel, System and Security,…BitLocker Drive Encryption and,…if BitLocker was turned on,…you would click a link which…would be right here to turn it off.…
The other thing that you'll need to do…is to uninstall any application packages…that maintain user-specific settings.…Depending on how your PC is set up,…you may not have any, or you could end up having a lot,…but problematic applications are…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to plan deployments in Windows 10—and prepare for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697. Brien Posey shows how to perform a migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10, enable and configure Hyper-V, configure mobility options, and work with power plans. Plus, he explains how to encrypt a drive using BitLocker.
Review the learning objectives for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Migrating and configuring user data
- Collecting files and settings from a source computer
- Restoring files to a destination computer
- Configuring Hyper-V
- Creating and managing a virtual switch
- Modifying a virtual machine
- Configuring mobility options
- Working with the Windows Mobility Center
- Configuring security for mobile devices
- Encrypting a drive
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
1. Migrate and Configure User Data
2. Configuring Hyper-V
3. Configure Mobility Options
4. Configure Security for Mobile Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.