Now that you understand what you need in order to install Hyper-V, let's look under the hood to see if your system is ready. I'll walk you through that in this movie.
- [Voiceover] In this video, I demonstrate…how to set up Hyper-V in Windows 10.…Before you can create virtual machines in Windows 10,…you'll need to enable the Hyper-V role…in the Windows 10 control panel or with PowerShell…or you can also do this in the deployment…imaging servicing and management tool, DISM.…Now before enabling Hyper-V, make sure your system…is compatible and your bios has virtualization enabled.…See the previous tutorial for more information on this.…
To manually install the Hyper-V role,…simply right-click on the Windows button…and choose programs and features.…Select turn Windows features on or off,…and then scroll down and make sure there…is a check mark next to Hyper-V.…In this case, I've been running some virtual machines…here in the production environment,…so it was already checked, but yours probably…will not be checked or it may not be checked.…So go ahead and check that.…You may get errors at this step…if other programs conflict with Hyper-V…or require the same resources.…
I had some conflicts with Avast…
Note: This course maps to the "Manage apps" domain of the Configure Windows Devices exam 70-697.
- Deploying via Azure RemoteApp
- Setting up cloud, cloud + VNet and hybrid collections
- Publishing RemoteApp apps
- Understanding real-world uses for RemoteApp
- Deploying and managing mobile apps with Intune
- Deploying virtual machines with Hyper-V
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 Fundamentals for IT Proswith Jim Boyce3h 3m Intermediate
1. Deploy and Manage Azure RemoteApp
2. Real-World Applications for RemoteApp
Next Steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.