Explore power settings for desktop computers and laptops. Choose a power plan and modify default settings as desired. Create a power plan of your own that contains unique settings that meet your specific needs. Choose when to let the computer sleep. Locate these options in both the Settings and Control Panel. Explore PowerShell commands to configure settings.
- (Narrator) You can configure personalized power settings … for every laptop, tablet, and desktop PC that you use. … If you're currently unhappy with … when your laptop computer sleeps or powers off, … or if you're looking for better battery life … for your laptop or tablet, settings are available … to resolve those issues quickly. … You can access the most basic settings … from the settings window. … Click Start. … Click Settings. … And click System. … Here under Power & Sleep are where your options are. … There are only two. … One is to manage when the screen goes off, … and the other is to manage when the computer goes to sleep. … You can click the drop down menus … to configure the setting you prefer. … You won't see any battery options … when using a desktop though, … but you will if you're using a laptop, like I am. … No matter if you're using a desktop PC, … a laptop, or a tablet, you can get to … all of the power settings by clicking … additional power settings on the right side of the page. …
- Choosing an upgrade or new installation
- Choosing a Windows 10 edition
- Creating installation media
- Installing and upgrading Windows 10
- Troubleshooting group policies on devices
- Configuring and managing device drivers
- Configuring the desktop
- Configuring notifications
- Configuring Cortana and Hyper-V
- Using Active Directory-based activation
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Configure and Support Core Serviceswith Joli Ballew2h 56m Intermediate
Windows 10: Manage and Maintain Windows 10with Joli Ballew2h 29m Intermediate
Setting up Windows1m 28s
1. Prepare for Installation
2. Perform the Installation
3. Configure Devices by Using Local Policies
4. Configure and Manage Device Drivers
5. Perform Post Installation Tasks
6. Explore Enterprise Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.