Join Michael Lehman for an in-depth discussion in this video Populate state machine, part of IoT Development with Windows 10 IoT Core 2: Enabling the Cloud and Security.
- [Instructor] All right, let's start populating our states…because we've got a number of states here.…I'm going to go ahead and just paste in each state…one at a time and then discuss what the code is in there,…we'll try it out, and then we'll move onto the next state.…So in the case of light show number one,…what we do is we come in and we see if the state is changed,…meaning we just got here the first time,…we save the cycle count into this variable ls1StartCycle.…Which we have to define,…and then set the state change to false.…Indicating it's not the first time…next time we come through.…
If it's not the first time, then we do this.…We calculate what cycle we're on,…we generate some random numbers,…and then we go ahead and fill every pixel on the display,…all 64 of them with a random color.…So you get this nice sort of pixelated random color display,…and it looks really nice.…And then if the cycle is greater than 40.…Meaning we've come in here 40 times,…then we're going to change the state to get forecast…
- Reviewing hardware options
- Exploring the Sense HAT
- Assembling a prototype
- Designing and implementing UX
- Implementing sensor access
- Reviewing cloud options
- Installing cloud tools
- Sending data to the cloud
- Reviewing Windows 10 IoT security
- Planning for production security
- Moving from prototype to production
Skill Level Beginner
Android App Development: Internet of Thingswith Michael Lehman2h 11m Intermediate
Windows 10 Anniversary Update New Featureswith Nick Brazzi1h 9m Appropriate for all
IoT Foundations: Low-Power Wireless Networkingwith Ryan Hu2h 32m Intermediate
1. Designing an IoT Product with Windows
2. Building the WeatherWare Device
3. Connecting to the Cloud
4. Securing Your Device
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.