Join Michael Lehman for an in-depth discussion in this video Plan for production security, part of IoT Development with Windows 10 IoT Core 2: Enabling the Cloud and Security.
- [Instructor] For your device,…you need to plan for production security.…That means you need to think about…how are you going to do Firmware updates,…and are you going to have a system restore mechanism?…Are there going to be any diagnostics…from your device, or crash reports?…Is it possible to use the Hockey SDK…to provide ways of provisioning and doing that?…I suspect Microsoft will include that soon…for Windows 10 IoT Core.…As we saw, when we connected up to Weather Underground…and also for our free tier of Azure IoT Hub,…you don't want your device to go run away…and start sending tons and tons…of requests to your services.…
So think about how to monitor…and implement device throttling…to prevent your device from going runaway…and chewing up all of your service dollars…just because there's a bug.…And finally, as you saw in that Azure IoT Hub .CS file…that was auto-generated, the key for Azure IoT Hub…was embedded directly in that code.…That's not a good way to do it.…In the future, I'm sure there's going to be some way…
- Reviewing hardware options
- Exploring the Sense HAT
- Assembling a prototype
- Designing and implementing UX
- Implementing sensor access
- Reviewing cloud options
- Installing cloud tools
- Sending data to the cloud
- Reviewing Windows 10 IoT security
- Planning for production security
- Moving from prototype to production
Skill Level Beginner
Android App Development: Internet of Thingswith Michael Lehman2h 11m Intermediate
Windows 10 Anniversary Update New Featureswith Nick Brazzi1h 9m Appropriate for all
IoT Foundations: Low-Power Wireless Networkingwith Ryan Hu2h 32m Intermediate
1. Designing an IoT Product with Windows
2. Building the WeatherWare Device
3. Connecting to the Cloud
4. Securing Your Device
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.